In today’s economy and world of ever-decreasing resources, SGM engineers are not only asked to produce an accurate set of engineering plans from design codes and mathematical equations, but also are required to balance factors such as economy of materials, energy efficiency, aesthetics and constructability. Because of SGM’s long history in the Roaring Fork Valley and throughout the western slope of Colorado, the SGM name has become synonymous with quality and professionalism. Ultimately, our goal is to provide top-notch engineering design through the use of innovative solutions and personalized professional client service.
What We Provide
The Transportation Team provides engineering services for all aspects of transportation and traffic engineering. Working in the private and public sectors, the transportation team develops practical, cost-effective solutions to today’s growing transportation network. The individual planning, design and construction experiences of our team members combine to form a diverse technical skill-set in the following areas:
Traffic Planning, Forecasting and Analysis
- Traffic Impact Studies and capacity analyses
- Transportation master plans
- Corridor and feasibility studies
- Safety analyses
- Capital Improvement Plans
- Development of street standards
- Facilities assessments and inventories
Transportation Systems Design
- Intersections, roundabouts and traffic signals
- Rural roadways, urban highways and driveways
- Trails, subdivisions and parking lots
- Walls, piers, culverts and prefab structures
- Construction traffic control and phasing plans
- Signing and striping plans
- Cost estimation
- Specification preparation
Development Review and State Highway Permitting
- Final preliminary and design review of development plans
- Access Permits
- Utility and Special Use Permits
- Construction inspection and quality control
- CDOT pre-qualified, certified inspectors
The SGM Transportation Team remains at the top of our industry by staying engaged with numerous affiliations, continually seeking out professional education opportunities for our team members, utilizing the latest design and drafting software and keeping current with evolving municipal and industry standards.
Through active participation in our professional affiliations, we are able to keep abreast of the latest changes to the design standards; to have access to continuing education; and to tap into networks of professional resources – all of which enable us to provide our clients with quality, state-of-the-practice design services. SGM’s Transportation Team members belong to the following professional organizations:
We use the latest analysis and design software packages to model and draw proposed conditions to produce a successful project for our clients. The use of AutoCad Civil 3D, Sychro 7 and other graphics-based software applications allows us to provide detailed renderings and animated models to convey the impacts of a project to the client prior to construction.
Meet the Transportation Team
For more information about our Transportation Team services, please contact Lee Barger by email or phone at 970.384.9044.
- American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCED)
- USGS Water Resources of Colorado Includes online current and historical water information, including real-time surface water conditions, ground water, water-quality.