One of the ways SGM has grown over the years is by adding additional services to meet clients’ expanding engineering needs. Case in point: the SGM MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing) team. Our MEP staff provides a unique combination of hands-on field experience and engineering expertise to deliver client-responsive consulting engineering. The MEP team is proud of the value-added solutions it has developed for a wide variety of projects and clients.
- For a luxury resort hotel in Vail, SGM performed HVAC recommissioning on all pool/spa, snowmelt and mechanical systems, resulting in a total energy reduction of 34% and $250,000 in savings to date.
- SGM engineered the mechanical and mineral water systems for a new hot springs resort in Glenwood Springs with multiple pools and thermal energy requirements.
- For a hospital district in Rifle, SGM has provided commissioning services for a major surgical suites addition and a new medical office building. The entire hospital was also recommissioned for energy saving and comfort issues.
- The MEP team has provided engineering for numerous alternative energy projects ranging from grid tie PV solar to large scale hydroelectric plants.
- Just in time for the school year to start, SGM is providing recommissioning services, and is commissioning the HVAC, lighting, and comfort improvements for five schools in the Battlement Mesa school district.
“Our philosophy is to provide life cycle services for a facility,” explains Senior MEP Engineer Jeff Grebe. “From design to commissioning or recommissioning and continual performance monitoring, we approach a project with the intent that we will optimize the energy performance for the life of a building. We enjoy partnering with our clients throughout the process to give them a long-term solution to their MEP challenges.”