People who work at SGM are not only partners in building communities, they are partners in bettering the communities where they live and play. In fostering that important connection, SGM strives to support local organizations, especially those with particular meaning to our employees. Check out a few of our recent company-wide service projects:
SGM employees lend their expertise and leadership to a wide variety of non-profit boards throughout our service area, including:
- Colorado River Basin Roundtable
- Holy Cross Round Up Foundation
- Middle Colorado Watershed Council
- Roaring Fork Conservancy
- Sunlight Mountain Resort Board of Trustees
- Sunlight Winter Sports Club
- Western Rivers Institute
- Colorado Wildlife Heritage Foundation
SGM & Giving Back
Steve Westhoff Scholarship Winners Announced
Each year SGM awards up to five scholarships to assist aspiring civil engineers and surveyors in pursuit of their studies. The Steve Westhoff Scholarship is in honor of Steve Westhoff, an SGM field engineer whose integrity, humor, and vast technical knowledge were an inspiration to SGM and many clients. In 2002, SGM renamed their scholarship in honor of Steve and the qualities he embodied as a person and as an engineer.
Congratulations to our 2018 scholarship recipients:
- Florencio Guzman Diaz, Trinidad High School. Florencio plans to attend Colorado State University to study environmental engineering.
- Tyler Jackson, Basalt High School. Tyler plans to study civil engineering at Utah State University.
- Stephanie Kehoe, Glenwood Springs High School. Stephanie plans to attend either the University of Southern California or the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Madaline Redden, Colorado School of Mines. Madaline is a Freshman at School of Mines, studying geology and geological engineering for hydrology.
- Sierra Williams, Meeker High School. Sierra plans to study mechanical and electrical engineering at Brigham Young University.
Colorado Water Plan
SGM is very proud of our efforts to lead the preparation of the Colorado Basin Implementation Plan, one of eight plans making up Colorado’s first Water Plan. As the lead consultant, SGM prepared the Colorado Basin Implementation Plan for the entire Colorado River Basin.
We created a process that engaged citizens from throughout the Basin (Summit, Grand, Pitkin, Eagle, Garfield and Mesa Counties) through 80 public meetings to ensure that public input and concerns were incorporated. This process was integral in creating a comprehensive list of over 400 projects and policies identified to meet the supply water needs in the Colorado Basin up to the year 2050.
It was the first time that a framework of a water model was prepared for the Colorado Basin, incorporating the water needs and water conservation practices of all water providers into one document. Visit coloradobip.sgm-inc.com to learn more about the valuable work SGM has spearheaded on behalf of the Colorado Water Plan.
Proud Community Sponsors: