People who work at SGM are not only partners in building communities, they are partners in bettering the communities where they live and play. In fostering that important connection, SGM strives to support local organizations, especially those with particular meaning to our employees. Check out a few of our recent company-wide service projects:
SGM employees lend their expertise and leadership to a wide variety of non-profit boards throughout our service area, including:
- Aspen Valley Land Trust
- Colorado River Basin Roundtable
- Granby Silvercreek Water & WW Authority
- Holy Cross Round Up Foundation
- Middle Colorado Watershed Council
- Roaring Fork Conservancy
- Sunlight Mountain Resort Board of Trustees
- Sunlight Winter Sports Club
- Valley View Hospital
- Western Rivers Institute
SGM & Giving Back
Steve Westhoff Scholarship
Each year SGM awards up to five scholarships to assist aspiring civil engineers and surveyors in pursuit of their studies. The Steve Westhoff Scholarship is in honor of Steve Westhoff, an SGM field engineer whose integrity, humor, and vast technical knowledge were an inspiration to SGM and many clients. In 2002, SGM renamed their scholarship in honor of Steve and the qualities he embodied as a person and as an engineer.
The winners for this year’s scholarships are:
- Brandon Benzel, Glenwood Springs High School. Brandon plans to attend the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Colorado University – Boulder.
- Anna Kelly, Fruita Monument High School. Anna plans to attend Cal Poly San Luis Obispo to study electrical engineering.
- Madaline Redden, Gunnison High School. Madaline plans to study environmental engineering at Colorado School of Mines.
- Chase Rule, Meeker High School. Chase plans to attend the University of Wyoming to study civil and mechanical engineering.
- Casey Turner, Meeker High School. Casey plans to study mechanical engineering at Colorado School of Mines.
Colorado Water Plan
SGM is very proud of our efforts to lead the preparation of the Colorado Basin Implementation Plan, one of eight plans making up Colorado’s first Water Plan. As the lead consultant, SGM prepared the Colorado Basin Implementation Plan for the entire Colorado River Basin.
We created a process that engaged citizens from throughout the Basin (Summit, Grand, Pitkin, Eagle, Garfield and Mesa Counties) through 80 public meetings to ensure that public input and concerns were incorporated. This process was integral in creating a comprehensive list of over 400 projects and policies identified to meet the supply water needs in the Colorado Basin up to the year 2050.
It was the first time that a framework of a water model was prepared for the Colorado Basin, incorporating the water needs and water conservation practices of all water providers into one document. Visit coloradobip.sgm-inc.com to learn more about the valuable work SGM has spearheaded on behalf of the Colorado Water Plan.
Proud Community Sponsors: